Saturday, April 30, 2011

Oh, hi. It's been awhile.

Hi, friends!  It has been almost a week break from blogging for me.  I would be lying if I said I had thought of it once.  My husband is home, and we have been busy.  Imagine trying to fit a months worth of activities into one week.  That's what we try to do.  Since he is gone so much, we try to do as much fun stuff together as we can while he is home.  This time, we have had a nice take-out, stay-at-home date consisting of a ridiculous amount of sushi.  We have taken Trae out to lunch with some friends.  We went to the pet store a few times, of course, and we have been looking for a new house to live in when our lease is up in this apartment.  Other than that, we have watched lots of Netflix while Trae sleeps... and we may have enjoyed some wine... and beer... and liquor.  Never too much at one time, of course :)  I have come to figure out that being old means that I definitely can't try to be as cool (or so I thought) as I was in college... which is code for no more than two or three drinks for me, or I pay for it the next day.

I have been getting addicted to documentaries on Netflix lately.  I am kind of (a lot of) a nerd, so when you put an unlimited amount of documentaries in front of me, I have to watch.  I may have graduated from college, but really, I love to learn.  I miss school a lot.  Maybe one day when Trae is in school, I will go back and get a few more useless degrees... Let's face it, sociology can't really be used unless you want to go to grad school... And honestly, I would love to.  Before I was pregnant with Trae, I was going back to school for addiction counseling.  Maybe I can finish that up too.

Well, what else do I need to update on?  I took a nap today for the first time in forever.  That sure felt good.  Art got his birthday/Christmas present... finally!  It's a guitar.  He could tell you all about it, but really it's just a shiny new guitar to me.  Moxy had to go to the vet and cost us a butt-load of money.  In the end, we paid a lot of money to get some eye drops and be told that 15 pounds makes him overweight, even though he is down from his previous 17 pound monster weight.  Trae is fantastic and laughs all the time.  I got a great video of it tonight, until he spit up his existence in the middle of my recording.  It's been a good week.  I wish it didn't have to end.

Art has gone to jam with his dad, who also has a shiny new guitar.  Therefore, I am going to spend my night watching Netflix documentaries, cuddled on the couch with my little cat-child, Moo.  Tomorrow is church, and if I get REALLY brave, I might leave Trae in the nursery for the first time, but I doubt I can let go for that long.  Have a wonderful night.  Pictures next time, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment