Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Feeling Tired Today

Do you guys ever have days where you feel like a slightly less attentive mother?  I mean, I wouldn't ever consider myself a bad mom.  I am always there to make sure he has what he needs, but there are just some days where I am not as excited to hold a baby all day.  Luckily, those days are few and far between.  Usually I have a blast with him... but today, I'm just tired.  So tired.  It has been a task to move.  I miss the days of laying in bed in the mornings and watching TV.  I miss taking a shower that is longer than 5 minutes.  I miss not having to plan everything ahead of time because now I always have to make sure I have a bottle and diapers and an extra set of clothes for him and me... Speaking of extra clothes, I am tired of having nasty smelling milk spit back at me every day.  Oh well.  I am happy to do it.  The child is adorable.  It's just a lot of work being a mom, you know?

2 comments:

  1. yes! there are days that i feel so overwhelmed as a mother, and i need just take a breather. if i don't take a little time for myself i end up going a bit crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. And even more so now that I'm pregnant with #2. I feel bad that I can't keep up with my daughter and that I get frustrated and grumpy so much more frequently.

    There will come a time in the not too distant future that the annoying planning to leave the house will become second nature and will add only 2 minutes to your day. It just takes practice.

    ~Erin
    http://dreamingwithmidnite.com
    TwitterID: Midnite592

    ReplyDelete