Sunday, April 10, 2011

Piercings

Well, I am officially back home for longer than a few hours.  It feels good to sit down and get Trae back on a schedule.  He has been a major grumpy pants after missing so many naps.  I hate for that to happen.

We did get some time to take our monster dog, Moses, to the vet this week.  We found out that he weighs over 80 pounds, and he will probably still do some more growing.  I can't wait for Trae to get big enough to play with him.  They will have fun together.  Since Moses has been staying with my parents for the last month (hallelujah!) to give me a break, it was Trae and Moses' first time meeting.  It was also Trae's first time to meet my parents lab (and my favorite dog in the world), Isaac.  Every time Isaac would hear Trae cry, he would pick up whichever dog toy was closest, run to where Trae was, and drop the toy next to him.  If dogs could babysit, I would pick Isaac.  What a sweet dog.

You guys, I have a piercing addiction.  As I said in one of my lasts posts, while I was in Oklahoma, I got a new one.  I am loving it kind of a lot.  In the past I have had my septum and labret, and I still have helix, tragus, anti-tragus, and of course, the ear lobes.  I have a love/hate relationship with the way I feel about having piercings at this point.  On one hand, I am young and they are fun and temporary.  On the other, I am a mom and I need to look somewhat mature.  I have taken out all facial piercings, just leaving the ones on my ears.  I feel like they are cute... and I am still young, so I think they can stay in a little bit longer.  What do you guys think about piercings on moms?
My helix and anti-tragus piercings.

2 comments:

  1. Totally dig a pierced or tattooed mom. So HOT and you rock it. haha. I'm gonna get my nose pierced after I get married in 3 weeks. Its an old Hebrew tradition for married women. Isn't that cool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think moms should have facial or nipple piercings, but any ear piercings or even belly button is fine. Facial piercings don't give an appearance of a mature and responsible adult, except MAYBE for a small stud in the nose. Just my two cents.

    ~Erin
    http://dreamingwithmidnite.com
    TwitterID: Midnite592

    ReplyDelete