Monday, April 18, 2011

Trae Needs To Sleep!

You know, the past few days I have not been blogging as much.  Why?  Oh, just because all of a sudden, my child decided that he doesn't need to sleep during the day... EVER.  No naps for Trae.  I am tired and our little home is a complete disaster.  Starting tomorrow, Trae and I are going to work on a new nap time routine.  To say that I am dreading it is an understatement.  Until now, Trae has napped in his swing.  Now that he is getting bigger, it is time for him to start sleeping in his crib for naps.  However, he hates his crib.  I anticipate many tears.  I promise my posting will get more consistent again sometime this week!  Until then, if you have any magical napping advice, please send it my way!

Oh, and I need to finish the 30 Day Photo Challenge!
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Umm... Okay, I have no full body shots since having Trae, and I only have like three from when I was pregnant because I so cleverly avoided the camera.  My whole body is my biggest insecurity right now.  Pregnancy was not nice to me.  Actually, let me re-phrase that.  I was not nice to myself during pregnancy.  And let me re-phrase that AGAIN.  I was too nice to myself during pregnancy, which in turn wasn't that nice.  Make sense?  I ate whatever I wanted and kind of stopped working out and became pretty sadly lazy.  Now that Trae isn't in there anymore, I look at myself and think, oops!  Haha.  Hence why I am now not eating much and working out nightly.  It sucks, but I have got to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight or I am never going to feel good about myself again!  So, because this is, in fact, a photo challenge, here is one of the few semi-recent photos I can find of my whole body.  I am 39 weeks pregnant here... and huge!  Oh, by the way, 50 pounds of this are already gone.  Yeah, I did say I gained a lot!

2 comments:

  1. same insecurity here! I've always had major body image, but since having my baby-ugh it's so bad! I definitely avoid all mirrors & cameras!
    on the nap subject, i find that if you put something that smells like you in the crib with him that should help...works for me. I put her little blankie down my shirt (nice, eh?) & lay it with her, or put my shirt under her & she's been doing pretty well! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya, sista! I'm a big girl anyway, but 6 months before I got pregnant with my son, I lost 64 lbs.! I only gained 42 of that back while pregnant, then lost all but 4 lbs. of it after having Jubal. Problem is...I DID gain it all back in these past nine months & I can't stand being in pictures anymore, either. Hence, you see my husband in all the pics with our son. I prefer to stay behind the camera. :(
    I don't want to be like this, though. I've been trying, but can't find the time OR the energy.
    Good luck to you, though. Keep us posted on how well you do.

    ReplyDelete