Sunday, April 3, 2011

Revisiting Goals

I had originally planned to post this tomorrow, but then I remembered Trae is getting his first set of shots tomorrow, and if he is anywhere near as grumpy as he was today, I am going to be pulling my hair out. He has been so weird today. Screaming, screaming, screaming. Definitely not the baby I am used to.

Well, a month ago tomorrow I wrote about my goals for the next six months. Now that there are only five of those months left, I thought I would take another look at them and see how I have done.

Goal 1: Take more pictures.  If you count my iphone as a means of picture taking, then sure, I have.  When it comes to the camera, not so much.  Still slacking there, unfortunately.  I just can't remember to take it anyplace with me, and my phone is just always so conveniently there.

Goal 2: Develop a better schedule.  Check.  I feel like I really have gotten on a nice schedule.  Trae goes to bed at 7:30.  I have some time to myself, then go to bed at 10:30.  The hard part is setting up a schedule for getting up in the morning.  I could lay in bed for hours.  I try to get Trae and I both up and dressed by 10ish, though.

Goal 3: Become a better blogger.  I'm not sure if my content is more interesting, but I sure have been consistent!  Actually, I am to the point that I really don't care if what I write about is interesting.  I am getting back into the swing of writing stuff, and it is a nice outlet.

Goal 4: Lose at least 30 pounds.   Yup.  It's all gone.  Wait, no it isn't... But, 10 pounds of it is!  Holla!  You guys, I have been consistently working out, and as much as I curse every minute of it, I feel a little proud for that accomplishment.

Goal 5: Become an expert couponer.  I am getting there!  Last trip to the grocery store, I saved over $40. I am going again tomorrow, and I am excited to see how much I can save.  It really is a fun little game, and who doesn't like having extra money?

Goal 6: Save money. Yeahhhh, not so much.  I need to work on this one.  I am constantly spending money when I am out.  I don't even spend money on stuff that lasts.  I think that is the most frustrating part of it.  I buy coffee and Diet Dr. Pepper like no one's business.  It really is a waste of money.

Goal 7: Be a better wife.  I think this is an on-going process, and I can definitely say that I didn't master this one in the last month.  I will check the box by "needs improvement."

Goal 8: Go to at least one concert of a band I enjoy.  Nope.  Still holding out for The Killers, but I would settle for Mumford and Sons or Weezer.

Alright, guys, wish me luck tomorrow.  I don't want to see my little baby get stuck :(

1 comment:

  1. 10 pounds in a month is awesome! I really need to get myself on a schedule. Or really, just give myself a bedtime. The rest of the day is pretty scheduled, but I stay up way too late.

    ReplyDelete