Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Little Scattered

As I mentioned in my last post, my little boy get his first set of shots.  While he was there, we got his weight and height.  It is always exciting for me to see how much he has grown.  He is now a whopping 24 pounds and in the 80th percentile.  He has come a long way from the 6 pound 12th percentile he started out in.  He is also not almost 24 inches!  He has grown so much.  I swear most of it has happened in the last two weeks.

My husband is home this week.  Weeks like these make me feel like my life is normal.  I wish life was like this every day.  It is so nice being able to have someone around to talk to.  You can always tell when I have  been deprived of human interaction.  I will talk your head off.  As much as I love talking to Trae right now, sometimes I just wish he could talk back.  It's great having someone home to have dinner with.  It's even better to wake up and have your husband home.  This is how it's supposed to be, y'all.  Art's job is just so hard.  I have to constantly remind myself that it is a blessing that he has a job.  Remind, remind, remind...

Well, we have gotten the opportunity to do a little bit of driving long distances with Trae in the last week.  We have been going all over the place taking him to visit great grandparents and aunts and uncles.  Let me tell you, driving anywhere over five miles with a baby is HARD!  There is so much to bring.  Diapers, wipes, bottles, blankets, bouncy seats...  These little ones are hard to please!

So, being my free spirited self, while we were out I got myself a new piercing that I have been wanting for a long time.  I got an anti-tragus piercing.  I will take a picture of mine when it is a little less swollen and nasty, but here is an idea...
It was quite a bit painful, to say the least... But, it's done!

My posting might be a little scattered for the rest of the week, but I will be back into the swing of things next Tuesday when Art goes back to work.  We have many relatives to squeeze into a short week while he is home.  I hope all of you are having a great week too!

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you're getting to take Trae to visit so many relatives!! We are taking Cole on a long distance (four hour) drive this weekend. I'm crossing my fingers that he does a good job in the car or else it could be the longest four hours of my life! Haha. Have fun visiting!

    ReplyDelete