Friday, March 4, 2011

Goals

Goals for the next 6 months:

  • Take more pictures. Art has a fantastic camera and we seriously just forget to use it. We are both terrible at picture taking. The only pictures that ever get taken are from my phone. I need to take pictures not only of Trae, but also of Art and I. We do not have ANY recent pictures. It is sad. I think I will start carrying the camera with me most of the time.
  • Develop a better schedule. I admit, since Trae was born, I have gotten better at the whole schedule thing, but I really want to be consistent for both of us.
  • Become a better blogger. I have been blogging since early high school, so it is not new to me. However, what is new to me is writing about relevant things. I am fantastic at rambling about what I think is funny... Not so excellent at blogging about more important things. Sometimes I just have to remind myself that while I think I am funny and clever, I really am not. Haha. I have a sense of humor that very few people understand, and I appreciate those few people.
  • Lose at least thirty pounds. I gained a lot of weight during pregnancy. Most of it has come off on its own, thankfully, but I still need to lost more to look decent in all my old clothes. Not to mention, I have some older clothes from college that I am dying to wear, and let's face it... I was just smaller in college than I am now.
  • Become an expert couponer. Groceries are expensive. Since I stopped breastfeeding, we are spending a ridiculous amount of our grocery money on formula. If I can cut even a few dollars off here and there, it will be completely worth it. My friend, Kimber, has been saving a huge amount of money on her groceries. Hopefully, with some work, I can save a lot too.
  • Save money! This goes hand-in-hand with the last goal. Art is so blessed with a good job. Because of this, I have been able to officially become a stay-at-home mom. However, also because of this and my lack of having a job, the money has gotten tighter. Add in the over five thousand dollars of hospital bills we just got slammed with, and money is pretty scarce. I am looking for any way to save at the moment. Ideas are greatly appreciated.
  • Be a better wife. I swear I am married to the most wonderful, most patient man in the world, and I am, well, not patient and not always so understanding. This is something I have really been praying about and working on. Maybe this should have been goal number one.
  • Go to at least one concert of a band I enjoy. I used to go to concerts and local shows all the time. As I have gotten older over the last few years, this my concert going has significantly declined. I love, love, love good music. I want to see The Killers with everything in me. We will see if they ever get close enough.
Trae is sleeping. When he sleeps for long periods of time, I feel guilty that he has been laying in the swing for so long... I feel like I should be holding him... But, I also have to admit that it is a nice break when he lets me put him down for so long. I have a mountain of laundry that needs to be folded and put away.



No comments:

Post a Comment