Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cramming It All In...

Lots of thoughts with no organization...

Trae is napping, so I have a moment of peace.  I should definitely use my free time to pack, but I just feel like being lazy, you know?  Speaking of lazy, Trae napped so well yesterday, and so did I.  Every time he took a nap I did too.  Whatever.  You only live once... might as well sleep all you can.  That's how the saying goes, right?

Well, when I have not been sitting around being lazy, I have been packing.  I am at that point where you aren't sure if there is a lot left or maybe just a little.  Things are just so messy that you cant tell.

Last weekend, two of my dearest friends made a trip to Houston to see me.  Josh and Stephen came down here and we sure did have fun.  We went to Galveston, ate sushi, shopped, and ate lots more food.  Haha.  They made me try a wheat grass shot, and let me just say that I like liquor shots much more than an ounce of squeezed grass.  Who cares if one is better for you than the other.  I didn't want to dance on any tables after the wheat grass shot.  Lame!

I have been making all of Trae's food.  This is really important to me.  I did not get to breastfeed for as long as I wanted to, so I think that making all his food is my way of making it up to myself.  I have no doubt that he is healthy and thriving on formula.  I am in no way a breastfeeding Nazi.  However, I do want him to eat good food.  Today he ate avocado and loved it!  I think we are going to move on from the rice cereal.  It just isn't working for us.  I tested the stuff and don't blame him.  I would spit it all out too.

I have been getting really involved in our church lately.  Today was the women's Bible study, and it was quite enjoyable.  It feels good to be in the presence of people again.  Having a baby is kind of isolating in a way.

We are moving in one week.  Goodbye apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment