Sunday, May 8, 2011

Trae's Dedication

Trae is growing up so quickly.  Just in the last week he has learned SO much.  The main thing he has discovered are his hands.  This kid is smart.  I already have him working on the peace sign, and he is half way there!  Seriously, he is such a joy.

Trae was dedicated at church today.  We had the opportunity to pick out a life verse for him, and we picked this:
A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.” – Isaiah 40:3-5

We picked this passage for a few reasons.  Mainly because when I was pregnant, this verse appeared EVERYWHERE.  Seriously, before Trae, I had heard this verse a few times in Bible classes in high school, but I hadn't given it much thought.  Then, bam, it's everywhere.  I read a book that repeated this verse over and over.  I had a dream about this verse.  It would pop into my head randomly all the time.  And honestly, this is what I want for Trae.  I want him to go into desolate places and to meet lost people and stand strong while preparing the way for the Lord.

Oh, and yeah, it's Mother's Day.  On this day, I always think about what makes a mother.  I know one thing that does not make a mother.  Pushing a baby out does not make you a mother.  Caring for a child, loving a child, and nurturing a child make you a mother.  So, regardless of whether or not you have given birth, Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl you won the giveaway. I'm going to post it soon but figured I'd let ya know :)

    ReplyDelete