Thursday, May 26, 2011

Brief Update

Hey, guess what?  We are leaving the apartment life behind, FINALLY!  After three apartment moves, endless loud neighbors, mold, leaks, and oh so many more joys, we are going to be moving to a house.  I had previously written about us buying a house.  We did not end up buying.  Instead, we decided to pay off credit cards and other debts and continue renting for awhile longer.  I feel like this was a fantastic plan because I can now proudly say that we are almost debt free.  We still have the unfortunate car bill, hospital bill, and a washer and dryer to pay on, but really, we have come so far in a year!  I am really proud of us.

As soon as Trae wakes up from his nap, we are going to put down the deposit on our new rent house.  I am  really excited about this!  The house is three bedrooms and the garagehas been turned into one big game room.  It has a real washer/dryer room and a real kitchen!  Can you tell that I am happy about that?  What is even better is that all of our neighbors will be old people.  Ah, silence!  

And now for a Trae update.  While Art was home, Trae had his first professional photo shoot.  He was great.  He smiled for every picture!  I was so proud.  Yesterday, he had his 4 month shots.  He didn't like them, but he was pretty good the rest of the day.  Also, he is now sleeping every night from 7pm to 7am.  I know, he is perfect.  Please don't steal him.  Oh, and one more thing... We are starting to try solids!  He hates them.  I can't wait to start making all the fun stuff, though.  We just have to get over the rice cereal first.

Okay, back to packing.

3 comments:

  1. I remember moving into a rental house after years of apartments, it is SO wonderful! You'll never be able to understand how you lived in an apartment in the first place.

    Can't wait to see Trae's photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh congrats on the house! I know you will love it - so much better than an apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on house life! You will never want to go back to apartment living after feeling so free!

    ReplyDelete