Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finally, A Moment To Myself

Alright, so, the last few days with Trae have been a challenge.  He was doing so well sleeping through the night every night, then all of a sudden it's like he is a newborn again.  He is up and inconsolable every three hours.  It. Is. Driving. Me. Crazy.  If you didn't know, I'm really serious when I put a period after every word.  He has also been super cranky and really tired during the day too.  The problem is, he just won't sleep during the day now.  I even gave in and put him in his swing and NOTHING.  Really, I am frustrated and glad beyond belief that Art is coming home soon because I need a Trae break.  I love being a mom always, and I enjoy being with Trae 98% of the time... but the other 2%... I just need some time for me.

I am also super stressed about this week.  Art will be home this week, which is always nice, but there is just so much we need to accomplish in seven days.  We need to find a house to rent, buy a million groceries, see family and friends... I know it doesn't sound like that much.  I am just overwhelmed.  Debbie Downer, Negative Nancy, blah, blah, blah...  On the positive side, Art coming home always means one good thing: take out sushi!  We wait until Trae goes to sleep then order up some sushi... and of course a seaweed salad for me, because YUM.

Trae fell asleep sitting up... while eating.  I told you, the kid has been tired.

Trae has also discovered that his hands are really great because they can hold a bottle.  He still needs a little help, but he'll have it down soon.

In exchange for Trae not letting me sleep and waking me up at 6 every morning, I took two hours to get ready on Saturday while Trae (somewhat) patiently watched.  I feel like it was a fair trade.

1 comment:

  1. sorry you've been having a rough couple a days, no naptime=no fun!
    My Gemma just started doing that with her bottle this week too! Trying to hold it herself :)