Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trae Will Be One Cool Kid

Trae finally got big enough to wear the Beatles shirt I have been itching to get on him since day one. He obviously loves it.

I have some really great memories of being young. A lot of those memories focus around riding in the car with my dad listening to music from the 60s and 70s. Of course, when my mom had her way, I listened to the typical kid music (I really don't think Trae will ever listen to kid music. I can't stand it, and there is just so much more great music that I want him to be introduced to at an early age.), but when I was with my dad, we always listened to oldies. I could sing (and still can) every word of almost any old song. This was a little bit different than the other people my age. I clearly remember asking one of my friends who/what NSync was. I love this quirk about me. I still don't know anything about popular music, but if you want to know who sang what in the 60s or 70s, I am your girl. Since Trae spends most of his time with me (lucky child!), I think he will be the same way. So far, he has been introduced to The Beatles, Mumford and Sons, The Killers, and Weezer. I know he can't understand yet, but one day he is going to ask to listen to The Beatles when everyone else is listening to something as terrible as Justin Bieber... and one day (maybe when he is much older), he will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment