Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nesting and Hoping for Baby to Come Soon!

I swear, if you saw me today, you would think I was on crack. I have gotten so much accomplished in one day. Let me back up and say that my whole pregnancy, I have been absolutely exhausted. I have had to force myself to do anything. Then, today I get up after one hour of sleep, go to the doctor, run errands, deep clean the whole apartment, and do laundry. I feel so accomplished. Supposedly, this is called nesting. It sure does help to get things done.

I went to the doctor today and got some somewhat encouraging news. After the last three days of early labor, the doctor thinks little Trae will be here in the next two to three days. I can't quite wrap my mind around that. I am so, so excited.

As I mentioned in the last post, I am planning on having a natural birth. This was something I knew I wanted even before I got pregnant. I just don't like medical interventions unless they are absolutely necessary. I think the human body is an amazing thing. God designed us well. Women have been giving birth naturally for years without pain medicine. I completely believe this is something I can do. That's not to say that I don't think it will be painful. I am expecting it to be incredibly painful, but so worth it. I did a ton of research on the subject earlier in my pregnancy. There are so many great books and documentaries about the while process. I completely recommend that you consider it if you are going to be giving birth. I will let you know how it goes.

Art is out on the boats. I pray he gets home for the birth of his son! I hope you all have a lovely rest of the week. Hopefully (for real, this time) I will have a baby soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment