Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Early Labor and Hair Dye

I have been on a little blogging hiatus. I have been meaning to update, but with Art home for a week, life always gets crazy. We try to cram a month worth of errands, dates, and other activities into one week, which leaves time for nothing.

Yesterday, I went to labor and delivery at the hospital because I was having lots of contractions. They were 3 minutes apart, just not strong enough. They called it early labor and said I would probably be back soon. Well, let me tell you friends, their version of soon and my version of soon are not the same. Baby is still in there. I am so ready to be done being pregnant. I am ready for our sweet baby to be here. Having constant contractions and thinking that it could be any time now is a bummer because it just makes me hurt and makes time drag.

As I mentioned previously, I love beauty products and plan to write a little review about them every now and then. While I was trying to get rid of the pain of contractions yesterday, I decided to dye my hair. I am not a big fan of dyeing my hair by myself, but I was bored, and I had received a coupon for a free box of Garnier HerbaShine dye. My dear friend, Hillary, taught me an important lesson when we were in college: when using drug store hair dyes, never pick one with a descriptive word in the color. Always go for the one that says natural! So, medium natural brown it was, and I love the color. It is just the right shade of brown, and it got rid of all the red that was left in my hair from my hair adventures when I worked at the spa. The dye did make my hair look a little dry, as most drug store brands will. I was hoping for more shine, since it was ammonia free. Overall, I'm not really disappointed with the brand, but I'm not completely sold on it either. I love the color, but there are better drug store hair dyes out there.

I will be writing again soon. Hopefully it will be about how I have had baby Trae. I am ridiculously excited about trying natural labor. That just may be the topic of my next blog post. If you know of any ways to speed up this so called early labor process, please let me know! It's pretty miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment