Thursday, December 30, 2010

Getting Older and Thoughts of How Things Would Be...

I turned 24 this year. My first thought about that is how close it is to 25 and how once you turn 25, you might as well be 30. 30 terrifies me. Growing up in general scares me. I am not one of those ladies who thinks that their thirties will be the prime of their life. To me, the thirties consist of the beginning of wrinkles and the days that you can no longer get away with wearing fun eyeshadow.

I think I may have started feeling old at 22, but now I feel like I am starting to act the part. You know you are getting older when some of your favorite Christmas presents consist of a recipe book, a password keeper, and a fabulous pink spatula. Okay, I did get a new MacBook Pro and an iPhone for Christmas, so I guess I am still a little bit young, but I sure am enjoying all the useful household items.

When I was growing up, I always imagined the day that I would grow up and have kids. I always thought pregnant ladies looked so cute. There was no way that pregnancy could be full of anything but sunshine and rainbows. I had no idea of all the unpleasant things that went along with it.

This pregnancy was a complete surprise for Art and I. I have to say that I am thrilled to be pregnant. I have been so blessed with a healthy pregnancy and a healthy little baby thus far. That being said, when I found out I was pregnant, I had crazy ideas of how things would be. I would not gain over 20 pounds, and I would for sure not get a stretch mark. To you ladies who go through a pregnancy and achieve that, I have to say that you are a freak of nature and I am jealous. I quickly found out that my thoughts were unrealistic. Pregnancy is uncomfortable and full of added weight, stretch marks, and feeling pretty lousy. I still can't wait for this little baby, though. As for if I would do it again, I don't necessarily want to, but I'm sure I will.

I just might do some work in the baby room today... My countdown tells me I only have 4 weeks and 4 days left until January 31st. At the rate I have been getting things done in there, I better get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment